Friday, July 13, 2012

Lets get inky!

So my mojo have been MIA recently, it always seems to happen at this time of the year. I'm not sure if it's the nice weather, or just being busy trying to keep my kids busy. We don't do camps, so it's up to me to keep them busy through summer.  For this weeks sketch I had NOTHING! Usually I kind of have an idea of what I want to do, sometime it works, sometimes not, but I at least have some ideas.  So I sat down and started playing.
First up is the sketch....
 And here is my card....
Yes, I took some creative liberties, I know, but I think it is close enough, no?:)
I started by using some spray mists to make the background. When I was happy with the color gradation, and let it dry I added some vintage photo to the edges. I then ran it through my bigshot with my sunrise IP.  Next I stamped Em's mixed media flowers onto Bella's best white card stock, and got inky with some distress ink. I broke out my new limeade for the centers and boy, oh, boy do I LOVE that color.  I added some Mustard seed, spiced marmalade, rusty hinge and vintage photo to finish it off. I then added some white to the bubbles with a gel pen.  The sun is from a Studio calico wood veneer pack. I colored the outer piece by pressing it into the limeade pad and the center piece with spiced marmalade distress stain.  I attached it with glossy accents (LOVE this stuff!)  and added a sentiment strip that I distressed with some tumbled glass ink.  and lastly I added some black nailheads to the strip.

Well that's it for today. I am off to friends place for a BBQ. Hope you all are having a great Summer and staying cool ;)

Next weeks challenge is "Christmas in July",  so put on those carols and turn down the air conditioner, put on a scarf and some mitts.... well, maybe not the mitts, you might need your hands to make a card ;)  and join us. E-mail your entries to Emily by Thursday and you could win, win, win :)

Tasha

1 comment:

  1. I think it's way close enough and oh so BEAUTIFUL! I just can't get the hang of the shading when I try this. The colors of your graduated sunrise looks so stunning and it's the perfect backdrop for your image!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...