Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Sweet Macaroons

Hello again.

Today I have a deliciously sweet card to share. If you know anything about me at all, it is that I have a VERY sweet tooth. Desert is my favourite course of every meal. 😍 One of my favourite sweet treats is macaroons. Those delightfully sweet, melt in your mouth treats have me salivating just thinking about them. If you, like me, are obsessed with these little bites of heaven then you know all about  Laudreé.  Now as a card maker, I find their advertising as amazing as their desserts. So when Altenew came out with their macaroon stamp set, I knew I had to have it so I could make cards inspired by these delicious photos. 


Don't they just make you want some macaroons? (It's taking everything I have right now not to hop in my car and visit our local mall that has a Laudreé store.)

Now for my card: 
 
To make this card, I stamped the macaroons from Altenew's Handmade Tags stamp set onto white Neenah white card stock with some vanilla versacolor pigment ink. This allowed me to do some no-line colouring. I used zig clean colour brush markers to colour these in and then used a white gel pen to accentuate the highlights. The wreath in the centre is from a Wpls9 stamp set called Heartfelt Holidays. The wreath and sentiment were heat embossed using gold embossing powder. I tried the panel down and mounted it onto a gold mirror panel and then mounted that onto a mint green Hero Arts card base. 

This is one of my favourite cards I've made and it went to a very special cousin for her birthday. 
I hope you enjoyed todays post. 

Thanks you for stopping by.
Natasha 😊

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...