Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Sorry I've been a little prickly.

Hello, hello!

Today I am sharing a fun card that I made with the newest edition to the Technique Tuesday Animal house collection, Henrietta the Hedgehog. This set was so much fun to work with. I just LOVE all the sentiments in this set.


For this card I used the mirror image stamping technique. I first stamped the hedgehog image onto  Neenah white cardstock with Momento Black ink. I then stamped the image onto a solid rubber stamp and then used that to stamp the image again onto my cardstock.  This creates a mirror image. 
I also stamped the mushroom image onto the same piece of cardstock. Once everything was stamped, I coloured all the images in with copic markers. This set does have matching dies but since I created a mirror image I needed to fussy cut them so that they all looked the same.
For the background I covered a 4.25 X 5.5" panel of white cardstock with masking paper and sketched out a hill. I cut the hill out and used the masks to do some ink blending. Once I was happy with the intensity of the blending I splattered some ink and water onto the blending to create the splattered effect you see. I wanted to create a sandy ground for them to be standing on. I then used a scalloped die to cut out the panel in the size I wanted. Next, I stamped my sentiment directly onto the panel and adhered the images onto the panel with clear foam squares. Lastly, I popped the panel up onto a plain white card base with some foam tape.  

I really like the way this turned out, and I'll probably be glad I have this on hand when the need to apologize arrises. ;)
Thanks for stopping by.
I hope you enjoyed my card.
Natasha

1 comment:

  1. So cute, Tasha! Your mirror stamping looks perfect - I never have luck with that technique.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...