Friday, June 15, 2012

Keep moving

TGIF!!!  And you know what that means..?  It's a Beautiful Bellarific Friday too :)  This weeks challenge was to use any sketch that has already been used in a past challenge:
I chose to go with this sketch:
 And here is my card:
I used one of the new MY DOLL GIFT STAMPS BY RHEEA. this one is called CLIMB ON.  This card was way out of my comfort zone. I typically don't use a lot of pattern paper or paper piecing on my cards. Not because I don't like it, but because I don't think I do it very well. Now don't get me wrong, I have about 100 packs of pattern paper and I keep buying the stuff because I LOVE pattern paper. It's just every time I try and use it, it never looks right to me so I scrap it and do something else.
Well, yesterday I was determined to use some of my stash and not give up. I did waste a few pieces but in the end I ended up with this and I think it is OK, not my favorite card, but not a trasher either :)

I stamped the image on to the musical note pp from the 6X6 head over heals paper pack from Lilybee designs. I then fussy cut the violin and distressed it with antique linen.  Next I used a piece of paper from this 6X6 Studio calico pack, Classic calico.  Istamped the image again onto this piece and paper pieced the violin on to it.  I used a bigger piece of the music not background and mounted them all onto a cream note card.  I added some  more distressing to the layers just to tie it all together.  The "keep moving" sentiment is from the sentiment that comes with the stamp, but I only used a portion of it on the front and the whole one on the inside :)
Thanks for coming by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)
Tasha

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...