Sunday, February 2, 2014

Stenciled class shares

Hello, there.
I wanted to quickly share some cards I made for the recent online class, stenciled.
It was such a great class, and I found myself inspired to try so many different ideas and techniques. I did play around a lot, but only managed to finish two cards, so far.  I will try and finish more with some really cool techniques and results. But I thought I would share what I have since the Gallery closes tomorrow and I wanted to share these there too.

First up I have a card inspired by Jennifer McGuires card on day 1.
I did not have a chevron stencil, but I did have a PTI, cover plate, so I die cut that out of acetate and made a stencil. I used 3 colors (Limeade ice, Hawaiian shores and Classic Kraft) then rotated the stencil and repeated the coloring. I simply stamped an MFT greeting using versafine onyx black and popped this onto a plain white base with foam tape. Simple and easy.
Next up i have a stencil I created using my Cameo.
I cut this flower image by hero arts out on acetate and stenciled it onto a plain white piece of card stock, using (pure poppy, orange zest, summer sunrise, simply chartreuse and ripe avocado)  I stamped the sentiment with dark chocolate. I added a small scalloped border and popped this up onto the base card that I embossed with a distressed folder. Lastly I added a touch of wink of stella clear glitter to the flower to give it a bit of shimmer.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.
Tasha ;)

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...