Saturday, February 9, 2013

Fly butterfly.


Happy Saturday!
I finally managed to get some crafting time in this week.  I have been wanting to make a few cards for the Papertrey ink 6th anniversary celebration as well as the clean and simple card class that I am taking. Now since time is of the essence, it helps to kill two birds with one stone ;) So for the Clean and simple day 2 assignment, the homewark was to create a one layer card. And for the PTI challenge,  the design team each selected 6 of their favorite cards from last year and our challenge was to use one of them as inspiration for our cards. (Well.....  That is not hard to do).

So my first card was created using this cards from Maile Belles.  I have LOVED this card from the first time I saw it, and was a BIG reason I got the beautiful butterflies set.  I just adore it.  It is one of my all time favorite sets.
Here's my card:
What I loved about Maile's card was the butterflies appeared to be flying off the page. So I used a half  die cut idea that I learned from Amber a while back. I stamped the butterflies and then used prisma color pencils to shade the butterflies and give them depth and dimension. I added a bit of shimmer to them with a clear star jelly roll pen. I then outlined each one with a light grey copic marker. 

Thanks for stopping by :))
Tasha

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Your butterflies are perfectly colored, and I love the one sticking up off the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm in awe at how beautiful your card is!!! Is there a tutorial for your coloring technique? Good luck on the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tasha, this is absolutely beautiful! Love your amazing butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card! Wow those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectly wonderful! I love all the fabulous colors/shading and how you did the die cutting to get the top two going off the card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colouring detail on this is amazing! Such a bright, happy card Tasha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning!!! HUGE congrats on your Stamping Royalty win!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...