Thursday, March 13, 2014

Clean and simple 3 day 3

Hi there.
Today I have a card I made for day 2 of the clean and simple, online card class. My card is based on Laura Bassens card. 

I know it's hard to see in the picture, but I used an Impression obsession background stamp with soft stone ink. It is very light so it's hard to see in the photograph.  I loved the idea of a bold focal sentiment, and I am in love with polka dots ;)  So to change it up a bit I used the shadow stamping technique. I stamped the dots in the various colors then went back and stamped over them with white ink to create a shadow.  I also added some wink of Stella over the circles to make them pop even more. 
Now this card seems pretty simple, but let me just say it took me three attempts to get to this.   There is a real gift in knowing when to stop!  And clearly, I do not posses that gift.  So the first two times I kept filling in the white space until It was practically covered in colored polka dots.  So what has this experience taught me you might ask?  That I am more of a more is more, complicated  soul than a clean and simple one... and you know what... it is a reflection of my personality, so I'm good! ;)))   

Thanks for stopping by :)  I have another card to share for day two, if I can photograph it before the light fades, I'll post it tonight.  Otherwise... As they say in South Africa, "More is nog 'n dag",  (tomorrow is another day). 

Peace and love
Tasha :)

7 comments:

  1. Everything about this card is absolutely perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colors you pick. Awesome card Natashakara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your style and this card is so stunning! Great sentiment. I've ordered a white stamppad, so I can try this technique too.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You stopped at exactly the right time - perfect! I love your ghost stamping too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you have added the white shadows to your polka dots. When I try cards like this, it always takes a few tries, too. There is an art to getting something to look random and effortless--because it is really neither of those.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...