Sunday, March 2, 2014

Thank you feathers

Well, I am back with another card for the Wplus 9 stretching it challenge. 
Please excuse the bad photo. It is night time here, and my condo has the WORST lighting. I will try and take another one tomorrow with daylight and edit this post.

I have been in love with this set, from the moment I saw the sneak peek.  I have tons of feather ideas pinned on Pintrest that I think would make cool cards.  Both these blue and gold feathers as well as the black feathered background are products of my 'research' ;-P
Now, let me tell you that I am not one of those speedy crafters, who slip out and whip something up. Noooo, I am one of those who take ages to get everything..... j u s t  right. 
BUT having said that, I am one of those people who work well under pressure. Since my school days, I have created some of  (what I humbly consider) my best work under pressure. 
So I decided to stretch myself by forcing myself to not think about this card.... I have a STACK of feathers on my desk already made up with different treatments.  But I am pondering the perfect way to add them to a card. So my challenge tonight was to not think... and just do!  I put a few of the ideas I had together and committed to cutting and sticking within a time limit.   I don't know that I love it... But I do kind of like it. It does not feel like 'me',  but I would check this off in the 'mission accomplished' column. ;)

And with that, I am off to bed.
Till next time. Peace and love.
Tasha :)

4 comments:

  1. Love how you used these feathers! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card - saw it posted on the Wplus challenge. I hope you don't mind if I CASE it - it is so cute! Love the background you created with the additional colored feathers on the top piece. Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Natasha! What a BEAUTY with the colored feathers! Love <3 this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, Natasha. I'm pinning it--I just adore the WPlus9 feather set--love how you used the small ones and the big ones on this card, and your colored feathers are so pretty. Good for you for crafting without thinking. I think I am a pretty fast crafter, and I gave up thinking years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...